What are needed to prepare for an overnight camping? Here are some useful tips for your planned camping of a night.
Camping, especially an overnight one, presently is not too new to the youngest anymore. Among us, who can not resist against a want to experience a feeling of stay overnight in a wilderness? It appears to be a strong hook at the sky fulfilled stars with the sound of ocean waves, the sunrise on the overhead or the silence of the late night forest around to a red fire with many grilled dishes prepared by their own beforehand. But not almost of the people can be noticed all this knowledge especially if you want to set a camping for an overnight for the first time, as you are a rookie with the night camping. Therefore, if you are planning to stay overnight with your camping in this summer, here are some tips that you should be aware of.
- Completing your camping before sunset
Passing a long day “marching”, it is sure that the camper must be extremely exhausted, especially to the rookies. Finding the best zone to pitch the camp is the most significant task at this moment. However, you have to take some following cautions. You should look for a plain area and air surrounding environment. If especially you set your camp in the forest, should choose the convenient location adjacent to a stream for your activities. And if on a beach, make sure your camp is not affected by the up and down tide periods. The selected location must be gone to the end before the sky falls in the dark because such areas are far from the resident zones, the sky will darken without any electric light. So, it becomes more difficult for you to find the path and pitch the camp. Striking the camp of the day is also easy for you to check out the surrounding environment, clean and prune the thick-bushed area avoiding to sudden coming insects appear in your camp at midnight, a cordless pole saw can do the best job.
2. Choosing a suitable sleeping bag
A sleeping bag is an unforgettable thing for an overnight camping, particularly a pack-and-go. Having a healthy sleep seems quite important to recover after a long travel day. Therefore, at the beginning of camping preparation, you should take a suitable sleeping bag for your own and the weather condition of camping destination. In the summer, a small sleeping bag seems to be the best choice or in the warm days, but in the cold days, you should check your sleeping bag to know how many temperatures your bag can bear. On substance, the sleeping bag is made of the synthetic fibers will get dried quickly and easy to store, also don’t cause the allergy. Additionally, you can buy for yourself a light and easy-to-carry feather bag.
3. Preparing beverages and foods
One of the needed preparation jobs for a distant trip or backpacking is that should bring the indeed necessary things, especially is foods. It is meaningful in leaving the reluctant tools, and also saving the space to store the needed things for the trip. For example, In a pack of power maize milk including 48 small packs, it is better to take a wanted quantity, not all one. Particularly, you must make sure that the brought water is sufficient enough for all day. If going for a pack-to-do, it is advisable to carry your own water, independently with your companies. And if your travel will last for some days, you better to bring some deoxidizers in the case of needed along with rivers and streams.
Note: don’t leave the trace of your camp
To remain the original beauty of the nature and the wilderness, during striking the camp, let’s clean out the sewages and gather the little and trashes, especially, inorganic sewages. It is better to bring into yourself with small bags to store such wastes. You should take a bath or personal hygiene far from water sources 60 meters. In Vietnam, today there are many people still have to use the natural water sources instead of using the commonly machined water for a living. Please return the environment to its original condition as when your first arrival.
4. Bringing fit clothes
Fit clothes mak your trip more comfortable and safety. There are some notes to choose the outfit.
- It should not wear too tight garments causing difficulties in moving and acting for a long run.
- Wear many layer clothes, thin and light easily to put off in a case of the hot state.
- If you camp in the winter, bring in warm outfits as gloves, woolen hat, coat, and waterproof ones in case you get wet and cold.
- If you camp in the forest, take further coats in case of it appears much smog and colder.
- Bring your fit hiking shoes in case of you want to hike.
5. Taking insect anti-medicines
When striking camp, avoid to insect nets like ants, bugs, white ants. If you camp near floral areas, wear long clothes to prevent the bugs or insects. To be safety, you can use insect spray in bear parts of your body.
6. Adding personal first aids
Unluckily, if you, even some of your companies are hurt, especially small accidents such as tumble, hand cut during pitching the camp or cooking. Therefore, your team should prepare a first aids pack. Additionally, if you have some kinds of certain illness, it is better to equip yourself with some specific pills. If can, you ought to make some knowledge about some herbals to apply to plants may be encountered on the road.
7. Being personal hygiene
And finally, the “rookies” might be wondering how to do personal hygiene in a much inconvenient camping condition? Here are some useful tips for you:
- Bring a hand’s dried washing bottle to use before meals, drinking or for private cleaning.
- Use alcohol and cotton cloths with easy-to-be-hurt parts of the body.
- Use fresh water to brush teeth and the dentistry floss.
- While camping, your feet can be pretty dirty, so take advantage of the time on the stream, take off your shoes and dip your feet in the water for a few minutes.
- Do not use perfumes, scented spray since they will attract insects.
- Wrap your private hygiene items with such as towels, separately soap in an aluminum package, teeth brush, to ensure all of which won’t wet other items in your bag.